(past and current):
- ISO/IEC JTC1/SC21/WG3 on Database Standards for Open
Systems - Editor
of the Reference Model of Database Management.
- ISO TC176/SC2/WG5 on Quality Assurance Standards for
Information Technology. Status stopped.
- Member from 1976 until 1996 of the Database Club
of the Nederlands Genootschap voor Informatica [NGI]. Chairman for several years. Status
- Voting Full Member of the ACM under # 2287423 held
this membership since 1982. Status stopped.
- Balloted member of the VRI under # 2053 since 15th
June 1990. VRI means Vereniging van Register Informatici, Association of Registered
Informaticians (RI). Board member for Quality and International Liaisons, Chairman of
Quality Group, member of Infocus 2000, Responsible for European Drivers License, Organiser
of VRI Quality IT Price, Responsible for VRI Quality Circles, CEPIS relationship,
Professional Development. Status stopped.
- Balloted and accepted as "Member of the British
Computer Society" under # M08428763 since 4th October 1990. Since 11th July 1992
"Fellow of the BCS" (FBCS). Status active.
- Board Member of the British Computer Society
Netherlands Section. Status stopped.
- Member of the NGGO "Forum on Methods". Status
- Passed in 1995 the examination by KDI/Berenschot Batalas
for Lead Auditor External Audit for ISO-9000.
- Passed in 1996 the CISA examination (Certified Information
Systems Auditor) and awarded CISA-certification status on 7th September 1996
under number 9616513.
- Board member of the ISACA NL Chapter with secretariat as
well as standards and research in his portfolio. Status stopped.
- Member of VUSIE of the VU reflecting the completion of the
post doctorate study for MMC (Master of Management Consultancy).
- Several Lectures at Free University Amsterdam, the
Technical University Twente, Hawthorne University Melbourne and the CWI (Centre for
Mathematics and Informatics).
- For several years a professor in Information Technology at
the European University for the MBA and MIS programmes in The Hague.
Awarded a honorary doctorate at the European University in Sion -
- Several Lectures at the Business University Enschede
(HEAO and HIO).
- 70 plus articles and book reviews in professional
- 20 plus interviews in national IT press.
- 45 plus invited lectures at (inter-) national conferences.
S.J. Cannan, G.A.M. Otten: "SQL - The Standard
Handbook" a reference handbook on the 1992 SQL (version 2) international standard,
Samsom (for the Dutch version) & at Mc Graw-Hill (for the English version), ±
630 pp, 1992.
Editor-in-chief of the book of Dr. R.R. van Oirsouw c.s.
"Informatie Economie", Academic Service, 1993.
Eduard von Saher, Gerard Otten, Clement van Dijk:
"Werken met de Balanced Score Card",. Kluwer, 2001, ISBN 90 312 2080 9.